Discord has for long been a popular app for gamers. Discord channels are a great way to chat with friends online during video games or just whenever you want to talk to someone in your Discord community.
Whether playing Fortnite or League of Legends, Discord is easy to use and extremely helpful in-game. You can invite others to join your Discord and share it with fans and friends, so they can see what you’re up to while they’re not around.
Here are a few tips that we think might help you better understand how valuable setting up a Discord channel can be.
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
What is Discord?
Discord is a free, fast, reliable, and fun mobile app that allows you to chat with your friends privately or as part of a group. The app is available on all major platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
The app allows groups to host voice chat servers where they can talk daily about video games like Minecraft and Fortnite, as well as many other topics. Some servers are open to the public, while others require an invitation to join.
Discord was created by Hammer & Chisel as a way for gamers to talk about their favorite games without having to worry about other people listening in on their conversations or sending them unsolicited messages. It’s also used by many businesses and organizations that need an easy way for employees to communicate with each other online.
What is Discord used for?
Discord is a free chat app that’s popular with gamers. It allows you to connect with your friends and teammates, share photos and videos, and even play games.
You can build text and voice channels for just about anything. For example, if you’re playing a game with friends, you can build a text channel for strategy discussions or an audio channel for chatting while playing.
You can also use Discord as an IRC replacement or to manage your community’s server.
It is designed for gamers, but it’s also great for anyone who works remotely or wants to make their work communication more efficient and productive.
How Does Discord Work in the World of Gaming?
The gaming world is full of people who love to play online games. They often play with friends or strangers and want to talk to each other while playing the games.
This is where Discord comes into play. Discord is a free chat service that allows users to chat with each other in real-time while playing games.
It’s a great way to connect with other gamers, share strategies and talk about your favorite games! It was designed to be used as an internal communication tool for game developers, but it has also gained popularity among gamers.
At one point, Discord even gave away free PC games to paid subscribers to grow its popularity among gamers. If you’re looking for a way to stay connected with your friends while playing games online, this app is worth checking out.
Why Start a Discord Channel for Your Gaming or eSports Team?
Your own Discord channel provides a way to chat with your friends online without worrying about third-party apps or services hampering your conversations or distracting other players. You can share photos and videos over private servers and chat with teammates for in-game calls.
Discord is preferred for gaming or eSports teams thanks to its quality and ease of use. The service is designed for gamers, and its features reflect this purpose as follows:
- Voice chat: Discord lets you talk with others in real time over voice channels or video calls. You can connect directly from your browser or download an app onto your computer or phone to access the service on the go and at home. The service also offers several different voice channels, so you can pick one that best suits your needs.
- Video calls: You can use Discord’s video calls feature if you want to talk face-to-face instead of sending text messages back and forth all day long. These features are available on desktop computers and mobile devices through the Discord app.
- Broadcasting: Discord lets you broadcast live streams directly to other members of your server or guild. This feature is handy for streaming tournaments or competitions where viewers can get involved by commenting or asking questions via text chat.
Do eSports Teams Use Discord?
Yes, eSports teams use Discord.
Discord is a popular communication app for gamers and eSports teams alike. Users can join text channels, voice chat, and create private team groups.
Many eSports teams use this tool to stay in touch during tournaments and events.
How to Invite Others to Join Your Discord
If you want to invite others to join your Discord server, follow these steps:
- Open Discord on your computer.
- Click the server you intend to add users to on the left side of the menu. You can see it listed under My Server or as a tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the server name and open the drop-down menu.
- Select Invite People from this menu. Copy and paste the link into an email, text message, or other messaging apps, and send it to anyone you want to invite.
How to Add Friends to Your Discord Server
- Open the Discord app and click the plus sign in the bottom, right corner.
- Type in your friend’s name, email address, or phone number. If you know their username, go ahead and type that in, too.
- Click “Add Friend” on the pop-up that appears.
How to Stream on Discord
- Open Discord and select your server.
- Select the voice channel you want to stream in.
- On the bottom, left of your screen, turn on your camera.
- Click the video button, and your camera will start sharing!
How to Share Your Gaming or eSports Discord with Fans
If you want to share your gaming or eSports Discord with fans, then screen-sharing and livestreaming are the best ways to go about it. Screen-sharing allows up to 25 people to join a screen share, and everyone can see what you’re doing on your computer.
Streaming your screen-share live is also straightforward. To join a livestream, simply click on that person’s username, and they will be notified.
They can join immediately by clicking on their username, which will take them directly into your stream, where they can interact with you and other viewers.
The screen-sharing option is limited to the desktop app, but you can livestream on both desktop and mobile platforms.
When you click on “Join Channel” from any channel page or within a group chat room, you’ll be prompted with a window asking if you want to join as a viewer or broadcaster.
If you choose broadcaster, it will take you directly into the stream and allow others to see what you are doing on your computer (if they also have their streaming software open).
How to Share Gameplay on Discord
Whether you’re a streamer or just a gamer, sharing your gameplay with others is the best way to get feedback on how to improve your skills. There are plenty of ways to share your gameplay, and it’s easy to do so with Discord.
You need a computer, smartphone, or tablet and a Discord account to get started. Once logged in, head to the Game tab at the top of your screen and click on Start Playing.
A window will pop up, where you can add details about your game like genre, release year, and more. Next, click Add New Entry and select the game you want to share with the community.
If it’s not already selected, choose Public as the visibility option for this entry to make it easy for people to find it when they search in their server listing.
When you’re done making changes, click Save Changes at the bottom of the form and share your new entry by clicking the Share on social media buttons at the bottom, right corner of your screen.
Is Discord Good for Gaming?
Discord is a free chat platform that can be used for gaming. It’s easy to use and offers features like text and voice chat, screen-sharing, and built-in video chat.
Discord also has a dedicated group of moderators available 24/7 to help users with problems they may experience.
Many gamers who have tried Discord say that it is an excellent tool for communication between players. It allows them to communicate in real time without stopping their game or pausing the action on the screen.
Discord is a fantastic app for gamers looking to communicate in real time during gaming. I hope you enjoyed these tips on starting a Discord channel. Do you have a Discord channel? We’d love to hear how you use it during gaming in the comments section!